what should happen when selecting no audio in winecfg?

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Fri Nov 20 06:57:10 CST 2009

Hi,

I've observed 2 seemingly opposed behaviours when no audio
driver is selected in winecfg's audio tab (or when winecfg's
audio tab had never been opened before in this .wine prefix):

- On one hand, some tests and apps still manage to produce sound.
- On the other hand (OTOH), some apps cease to produce sound
  -- this is a simple method worth trying when some apps hang
  with sound issues.

So I'm left wondering what
 a) wine's default .wine creation behaviour or
 b) unselecting all audio drivers in the tab
ought to do.

Remember that when you first visit winecfg's audio tab, you get to
see a note that a default driver was chosen, which lead me to believe
that no driver at all is enabled until then.

Thanks,
	Jörg Höhle.