My script for doing testing

Avery Pennarun apenwarr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 11:27:20 CST 2009

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Austin English
<austinenglish at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 10:33 AM, Jeremy White <jwhite at codeweavers.com> wrote:
>> As promised, I'm attaching the script I'm using.
>
> I really wish you had said something to me before..I've been cleaning
> my script up, with some help from Vincent. It's pretty similar, but a
> bit more advanced (and supports Linux, BSD, Solaris and supposedly
> Mac, but that's untested):
>
> http://winezeug.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/build_script/daily.sh

It looks like you guys might benefit from my own project, gitbuilder:

   http://github.com/apenwarr/gitbuilder/

It does pretty much what you're describing (including a timeout), but
with a few added features:

 - you can build any program, not just wine, and test it using a shell
script of your choosing

 - you can run it as often as you want, and it'll build the latest
commit on *all* branches and tags

 - it avoids an unnecessary extra 'git clone' and uses 'git clean -fdx' instead

 - the test script can return a pass/fail exit code, and if it fails,
gitbuilder will automatically 'git bisect' to find the commit that
introduced the problem.

That last one is a huge benefit for our group, although of course if
your tests don't ever 100% pass, it's not as useful :(

Some example output for one of my company's projects:

   http://versabanq.com/demo/build/versaplex/

Have fun,

Avery