Image List tests for comctl32 v6

Nikolay Sivov bunglehead at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 17:40:38 CDT 2009

Joel Holdsworth wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm working on some tests to demonstrate some alpha-channel behaviour in
> comctl32 ImageLists. The problem is that this behaviour is only present
> in comctl32 v6, which of course you usually activate with an xml
> manifest. For the wine test suite we have a helper function,
> load_v6_module, that dynamically creates a manifest resource entry in
> the module, which seems to activate v6 behaviour. However, while this
> seems to activate v6 behaviour for controls, it seems not to for image
> lists - my tests work if I link a manifest into the test suite, but
> don't work via load_v6_module.
>
> Does anyone have any thoughts about what might be going on here, and
> what I should do with my tests?
>
> Thanks
> Joel

Hi, Joel.

It works for precreated manifest as a separate file (not compiled in),
isn't it? If so you could do a trick that
I spotted here
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2009-September/078869.html
for a first time -
here another process is created after main test binary loaded, it's
created for exactly the same binary but with
a manifest created first (command line parameter passed to jump to V6
tests).

Hope this helps.