[2/5] d3d9: Test viewports that are bigger than the surface

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Fri Oct 2 04:04:56 CDT 2009

Am 02.10.2009 um 10:43 schrieb Henri Verbeet:

>> +    /* Test a viewport with Width and Height bigger than the
>> surface dimensions
>> +     *
>> +     * TODO: Test Width < surface.width, but X + Width >
>> surface.width
>> +     * TODO: Test Width < surface.width, what happens with the
>> height?
>> +     */
>> +    memset(&vp, 0, sizeof(vp));
>> +    vp.X = 0;
>> +    vp.Y = 0;
>> +    vp.Width = 10000;
>> +    vp.Height = 10000;
>> +    vp.MinZ = 0.0;
>> +    vp.MaxZ = 0.0;
>> +    hr = IDirect3DDevice9_SetViewport(device, &vp);
>> +    ok(hr == D3D_OK, "IDirect3DDevice9_SetViewport failed with %08x
>> \n", hr);
> Please add at least a test for d3d8 as well, and if possible for
> ddraw. The d3d8 tests are already neglected compared to d3d9, no need
> to make it worse.
DDraw has a test for the rendering behavior, it's the test that failed
with wednesday's patch on julliard's machine.

Setting a viewport bigger than the surface returns an error. I am
working on a test and fix for that and plan to send it as a separate
patch. Interestingly, if you change to a smaller render target, call
GetViewport and try to set it back, SetViewport rejects the current
viewport. Currently dealing with tests is a bit of a pain for me,
because the visual tests don't work on my mac(can't t read the
frontbuffer back)