Owen Rudge : comctl32: Capture the mouse when performing a listview marquee selection.

Owen Rudge owen at owenrudge.net
Mon Oct 5 12:10:20 CDT 2009

Hi Nikolay,

> - open regedit and select any branch from tree - list will display a
> single item.

I don't have this issue - I can select any branch, and the full list of
items will appear, as expected, not just a single item.

> Then start marquee selection after selecting an item move
> pointer somewhere outside the list - try to left and up. It crashes after that
> for me in ListView code

This is indeed a bug, I should have validated that the coordinates
passed to the hit test were within the window bounds. I've submitted a
fix for this, which also fixes the selection rectangle issue you mention.

> - list should be scrolled with selection rectangle;

This isn't a bug as such, it's simply a feature that's not yet been
implemented. :)

> - with regedit again - select something from tree and don't click in
> list, just start marquee. You'll see that item isn't selected at all.

That's the same bug you mentioned in your previous e-mail - I've not yet
submitted a fix for this, but shall do as soon as I can.

Thanks for your testing,

--
Owen Rudge
http://www.owenrudge.net/