urlmon/protocol tests

Jacek Caban jacek at codeweavers.com
Tue Oct 6 14:32:39 CDT 2009

Hi Paul,

Paul Vriens wrote:
> Hi Jacek,
>
> I've been looking at the tests reports and we seem to have a few
> spurious errors:
>
> http://test.winehq.org/data/tests/urlmon:protocol.html
>
> The ones I mean are:
>
> protocol.c:2535: Testing http protocol (direct read)...
> protocol.c:497: Test failed: unexpected call Switch
>
> and
>
> protocol.c:2546: Testing https protocol (from urlmon)...
> protocol.c:612: Test failed: unexpected call ReportProgress_COOKIE_SENT
>
> These failures don't happen on every run.
>
> Any idea where to start looking?

The second failure should be easy to fix. With temporary applied the
attached patch, it should be easy to find when exactly it's called and
add SET_EXPECT/CLEAR_CALLED pair around the function that calls it. I
can prepare a patch if you'd send me the output.

The first failure seems to be harder as it seems to be some kind of race
(it might be not in tests, but we might test something that is not
always true due to asynchronous nature of HTTP protocol handler). Output
of run with the attached patch might give us some info, but I don't
expect it to be an easy fix.

Thanks,
    Jacek