Help needed: BSTR cache testing

Markus Stockhausen markus.stockhausen at collogia.de
Fri Oct 9 02:38:59 CDT 2009

Am Freitag, den 09.10.2009, 00:27 -0700 schrieb Dan Kegel:
> Hi Markus,
> Wine development is driven by test cases checked in to the
> Wine source tree.  Please extend the test cases in
> dlls/oleaut32/tests to verify that oleaut32 is caching BSTRs
> properly, and make sure that test passes on Windows
> and is marked todo_wine.
> Once we have a test case like that checked into the Wine
> source tree, we'll be in better shape to accept a patch
> that fixes bug 12460.
> Thanks!

Already sent. Take a look here:
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2009-October/078957.html

So I will ask again with this mail if someone can verify if the test
above succeeds in various Windows versions. Just to make sure that it
only fails in Wine. If I get positive feedback I will send it do
wine-patches.

Thanks in advance.

Markus