Help needed: BSTR cache testing

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 07:50:35 CDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 2:25 PM, Markus Stockhausen
<markus.stockhausen at collogia.de> wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 09.10.2009, 14:15 +0200 schrieb Paul Vriens:
>
>> If that sz99 (or now sz128) came from "looking at internal behaviour",
>> I'm not sure if that would raise some eyebrows.
>>

> As I said "looking at internal behaviour" are debugging messages in the
> IMalloc routines of ifs.c. Simply something you cannot catch when
> writing testcases only.

Blackbox reverse engineering is feeding test input to a function and
looking at the output. A trace of calls made by the native MS dll
while looking under Wine isn't blackbox. It is considered about the
same as looking at disassembled Microsoft code.

I'm not sure how to proceed from this though.

Roderick