use DDRAW4 instead of DDRAW7

Markus Stockhausen markus.stockhausen at collogia.de
Sun Oct 11 06:17:58 CDT 2009

Am Sonntag, den 11.10.2009, 12:47 +0200 schrieb Stefan Dösinger:
> Which ddraw version an app uses isn't a setting you can change - its
> hardcoded into the app, just like usually its hardcoded whether an app
> uses opengl or d3d.

Then I'm somehow in trouble. How can one explain the following
error: Application calls IDirectDraw GetDeviceIdentifier of
DDRAW7 but only reserves memory with sizeof(DDEVICEIDENTIFIER)
instead of sizeof(DDEVICEIDENTIFIER2) bytes. Wine returns the
required structure but with the contents of dwWHQLLevel
stack contents are overwritten.

Markus