Make RenderTextureEmulation configurable

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at
Mon Oct 19 05:24:30 CDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 10:03 AM, Roderick Colenbrander
<thunderbird2k at> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 12:45 AM, Austin English
> <austinenglish at> wrote:
>> On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 1:50 PM, James McKenzie
>> <jjmckenzie51 at> wrote:
>>> This is a hack to allow a work around to function.  Much better to
>>> actually fix the problem permanently.
>> This is direct3d, there are already several similar registry
>> workarounds for difficult problems.
> Well this issue is on the opengl side. Actually the game itself is
> buggy and expects that a certain level of multisampling is around
> (whiich is around on Windows). On Linux the Nvidia drivers don't offer
> this level using 'GLXFBConfigs' but using a different type of
> rendering they support this level and much higher. There is no easy
> way to offer this level. I'm not sure if this hack is the way to
> proceed though as it just disables the functionality the game needs.
> Roderick

I have been thinking about it some more and perhaps the best way is to
add a generic mechanism for disabling WGL extensions. Perhaps adding a
key like 'DisabledWGLExtensions' similar to 'DisabledOpenGLExtensions'
(or whatever we called it) to which you can specify a list of disabled
WGL extensions. The WGL extension loading code would need to check it.