Trying to fix some setupapi tests on Win9x/WinMe

Hans Leidekker hans at codeweavers.com
Tue Oct 20 03:37:23 CDT 2009

On Tuesday 20 October 2009 10:07:07 am Paul Vriens wrote:

> In an effort to get everything green I'm trying to fix some long
> standing setupapi test failures.
>
> In one of the tests, test_SetupDecompressOrCopyFile() in misc.c, we call
> SetupDecompressOrCopyFileA a few times. One of them fails as the target
> file is still open and doesn't allow reading from it
> (ERROR_SHARING_VIOLATION).

Looking at
http://test.winehq.org/data/9390bc921e012888d488e8314a4379bc76e2c4d4/98_gvg-w98se/setupapi:misc.html

the problem seem to center around LZ compression. ERROR_READ_FAULT is
returned before the sharing violation so it looks like 9x did not clean
up properly there.

I would suggest to skip the LZ related tests on 9x.

 -Hans