New valgrind results for Oct 21, 2009

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Oct 22 14:00:10 CDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 7:28 AM, Nikolay Sivov <bunglehead at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dan, do I need something special to
> build current valgrind? Is there any special gcc/binutils requirements?

I don't think there are any special tool requirements (other than
possibly "don't use binutils-gold", but that's true for wine as well).
You *do* need a small patch.  I've updated
  http://wiki.winehq.org/Wine_and_Valgrind
to give the procedure.

>>    valgrind/memcheck.h \
>>    valgrind/valgrind.h
>
> Will this be installed by valgrind install script (if it exists of course)?

"sudo make install" will install them.  (Though if you use --prefix, it will
install them there instead of /usr/include.  The wiki has complete
instructions.)
- Dan