RFC: ntdll: Implement CDROM_GetInterfaceInfo() on Mac OS (try 2)

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Oct 22 14:22:09 CDT 2009

Charles Davis <cdavis at mymail.mines.edu> writes:

> Oh, I see. You mean I should open a handle to mountmgr with
> NtOpenFile(). That's what I thought. Now I just need to figure out the
> right IOCTL. Maybe I need to make one up. And I still don't know how to
> specify the correct device to mountmgr. (The answer is "depends on the
> IOCTL," so I need to answer the first question before I can answer this
> one.)

There's no new ioctl here, just an open. That is essentially supported
already.

> Another thing I don't quite understand: what good would an FD from the
> mountmgr device do? I looked at mountmgr, and I don't see any code for
> handing out FDs. No open()s, no sendmsg()s, no nothing. The only
> function I see in ntdll for this is server_get_unix_fd(), which is what
> we use to get the device FD from the NT CD-ROM device handle, and again
> I don't see how that will help. I mean, it's probably something like a
> socket or a pipe so all we can do is read and write it. (With sockets,
> we have some system IOCTLs, but they're all for controlling the socket
> itself.) And that's if there even is one. I looked at wineserver, and it
> looks like some file objects don't have to have real FDs behind them. Or
> did you have a different FD in mind, one I haven't thought of?

There's no mechanism for this at the moment, that's why I said some
infrastructure is needed. mountmgr should be asked to open the unix
device corresponding to the NT device, and that fd should get back to
the app somehow.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org