New valgrind results for Oct 22, 2009

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Oct 23 12:45:00 CDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 10:27 AM, Alexandre Julliard
<julliard at winehq.org> wrote:
>> For process termination it's harmless, but for explicit unload it's a
>> leak. Probably a similar thread data tracking
>> should be added here too.
>
> In theory yes, but in general that's not necessary. Particularly for
> something like msvcrt that won't get loaded and unloaded a lot of times
> in the same process.

Yeah, I have to say, I'm not especially worried about leaks on DLL
unload of msvcrt or winex11.drv, and will probably file a bug for
them (which we will leave open for a very long time), and
add a suppression for those leaks.  The name of the suppression
will contain the bug number, so when people wonder what a
suppression is for, they can just go look at the bug report.

That will reduce the noise in the valgrind logs and let us
focus on things that matter more.
- Dan