DirectX 10 status, do simple programs work yet?

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 07:38:47 CDT 2009

2009/10/26 Warren Dumortier <nwarrenfl at gmail.com>:
> I've searched and didn't found any recent topic concerning DirectX 10 in
> Wine.
>
> So i would like to know if there's already something running concerning
> DirectX 10? Like making very basic applications?
> The fact i would like to know that is because i'm curious what has alread
> been done! ;)
> Thanks, kind regards.

*Very* basic stuff like rendering triangles and running trivial
shaders works. Most of the work so far has gone into adding basic
stubs for interfaces and parsing d3d10 effects and shaders. The
original planning was that most of that would have been done as a GSoC
project in 2007, but unfortunately that didn't quite work out the way
we hoped.