[1/2] shell32/tests: Program Manager DDE Conformance Tests

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Wed Oct 28 21:52:10 CDT 2009

Mike wrote:
> Vitaliy,
>
> Thanks for the quick feedback. I'll make the changes you've suggested and
> repost, probably next week. A couple quick questions about your comments:
>
> Indentation:
>> Tabs should always be set to 8 spaces, not 4. For Wine
>> please use 4-space
>> indentations, no tabs please.
>>
>      Your response was not clear.  Is the correct indentation 8 spaces, no Ctrl-I (ascii 0x09)?
No. Tab character (0x09) is 8 positions long, not 4. Please do not use it at
all in Wine, unless it's a Makefile.

Wine's default indentation is 4 spaces (0x20).

> Detecting Windows Version:
>>> +int IsWin9x(void)
>>> +{
>>> +    return (GetVersion() &
>> 0x80000000);
>>> +}
>> Don't add this sort of functions. All tests should work on
>> all Windows
>> versions. Or you should detect differences by other means.
CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES_COMMON is not supported in Win 95, 98, or ME and so the
directory where things are created changes. What is the correct method to
determine whether to use this or not for Wine Conformance Tests? If I recall
correctly, this was the only change needed to make the test run in Win 98.

If a call to SHGetSpecialFolderPath with CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES_COMMON failes
assume it's win9x and use the CSIDL_PROGRAMS. Or check both places. Or
something along these lines.

Vitaliy.