Mono integration

Sir Gallantmon (ニール・ゴンパ) ngompa13 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 11:54:13 CDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 11:27 AM, Vincent Povirk
<madewokherd+8cd9 at gmail.com<madewokherd%2B8cd9 at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> >> * If an installer for something other than .NET tries to install .NET,
> >> file a bug for that with the dotnet keyword.
> >
> > For any .Net version (1.1, 2.0, 3.5)? Does that also count for service
> > packs? I take it your recent work on mscoree should fake a dotnet
> > installation?
>
> Any .NET version. Mono 2.6 supports all of those (see
> http://www.mono-project.com/Compatibility).
>
> My work on mscoree so far has done basically nothing. There is a
> Dotnet section in wine.inf that installs some registry keys that
> satisfy some installers.
>
> >> * Someone other than me, please try to make a Windows build of Mono
> >> and run the Mono test suite under Wine. I want to make sure that the
> >> instructions make sense and that someone other than me can do this.
> >
> > I'll try to do that this in the next few days/weekend.
>
> Thanks.

The compatibility information basically indicates that Mono can substitute
for .NET below version 3.0. 3.0 and higher still needs Microsoft's
implementation.

How would you handle hybridizing Mono with Microsoft's framework?