Mono integration

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Fri Apr 2 18:50:06 CDT 2010

On 04/01/2010 10:18 AM, Vincent Povirk wrote:
>> AFAIK mono doesn't implement WPF,  so any .NET app that uses it is likely to
>> fail in mono. Correct me if i'm wrong
>
> This is true, and according to
> http://www.mono-project.com/Compatibility they have no plans to
> implement it. But someone could, and even if the mono project doesn't
> want it, it would be useful for Wine.

For what it's worth when I've approached Novel people they've been quite
open to the idea of greater cooperation with the Wine project.  I think
we can benefit greatly if we made it very clear what Wine wants from
Mono, and especially what paid Novell people won't be doing (and thus
needs to be done by the community).

Thank you for starting that wiki page, it's a great step in that direction.

Thanks,
Scott  Ritchie