Working on "DOS" VGA.

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Tue Apr 6 03:50:21 CDT 2010

* On Mon, 5 Apr 2010, k4king wrote:

> <<
> While they focus mostly on games, they aren't against general fixes.
> >>

> From memory they don't support lpt ports (for similar reasons) wheras
> you can multi play games with serial ports so they do support those.

There exists some branch of DOSBox called MegaBuild. [3]

It implements LPT port emulation and enhances serial port emulation (at
least for DirectSerial mode -- now MegaBuild5 switches DSR-DTR/DCD signal
pair (and CTS-RTS one also) correctly with appropriate hardware loopback
used.

LPT hardware loopback works also with DOS application.

Official DOSBox doesn't do that, so I believe you could use MegaBuild for
games also.

S.

[3] http://home.arcor.de/h-a-l-9000/index.html