[GSoC] IUri Implementations

Jacek Caban jacek at codeweavers.com
Thu Apr 8 04:00:58 CDT 2010

Hi Thomas,

On 4/8/10 3:43 AM, Thomas Mullaly wrote:

>     In general, the idea looks right, that's how it probably should be
>     implemented. This is an implementation detail through. The bigger and
>     more important problem is URI parsing and canonicalization. That's
>     where
>     most of work needs to be done. In this case tests will be also very
>     important. You don't know how it should work until you have a
>     test. The
>     first step would be to write a test infrastructure some tests (adding
>     new test shouldn't be harder than filling a table with more data).
>     Once
>     it's done, you'll be able to decide on best way to implement
>     parser and
>     IUri interface. The project should result in many tests and good
>     support
>     for at least more useful flags and IUri functions.
>

> Hi Jacek,
>
> Sorry for my delayed response. Thank you for your suggestions.
>
> For the testing infrastructure, I was thinking about writing a few
> Windows programs that use Microsoft's IUri implementation to generate
> the results that my testing infrastructure would use to make sure my
> implementation is working correctly. Is this the right approach or
> would you recommend doing it another way?

Test should be integrated with Wine tests. See dlls/shlwapi/tests/url.c
and dlls/wininet/tests/url.c for an idea of how it should be done.

> Also, I have finished a rough draft of my proposal and I was wondering
> if it would appropriate to post to it to the mailing list in order to
> receive feedback from you and others.

If you have specific questions, feel free to ask here. Proposal itself
should be posted to gsoc app. It's capable of editing proposals and
getting feedback.

Jacek