[rfc] realtime priority patch based on rtkit

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 09:14:30 CDT 2010

Hi all,

I decided to dig through the sample documentation for rtkit and see if I
could find a way to make it work for wine.
There's still a few things missing: hardcoded libdbus soname, no
checking if dbus is available, -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0
-I/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/include should be added to ntdll/Makefile and
SIGXCPU should demote all threads of the application back to normal priority

The server queues an APC to the target thread that signals it should try
to acquire rt prio for it. the thread makes a request to rtkit over dbus
to say it wants realtime. This is because rtkit requires the affected
process to call dbus.

Any moral objections to this approach?

Cheers,
Maarten