winmm: MCI system commands are not eligible for auto-open. (try 2)

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Mon Apr 12 10:07:04 CDT 2010

Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:

>> +    FIXME("(%04x) vkey %04X stub\n", dwFlags, lpParms->nVirtKey);
>That change is unwanted.
I can remove it, but why? Is supporting break keys a WONTFIX in Wine?

>Do you have a test case which shows that notofication is not sent is the failure case?
It's already in mci.c:
    test_notification(hwnd, "sound notify", err ? 0 : MCI_NOTIFY_SUCCESSFUL);
It's how all commands I've tested to some depth so far behave.

> having comparison reversed doesn't
>match the style of the surrounding code.
Ok.  After being bitten at least once by assignment/comparison
mismatch I promised myself to use that style.  I'm myself used
to read code as "if A equals 3" rather than "if 3 is the value
of A" but I'm convinced that's just a matter of getting used
to this style that is less error-prone in C.

Regards,
 Jörg Höhle.