Detecting patch sets

Greg Geldorp ggeldorp at vmware.com
Tue Apr 13 07:35:32 CDT 2010

> From: Wolfram Sang
>
> This should be a pretty rare case given that most people will use some
> generators like 'git format-patch' or 'quilt' for their patch-series.
> I'd say if such an error ever occurs, the series could be manually
> fixed/resent. That way, you don't need to code some UI and the authors
> who have not done a mistake won't need to take an extra step.

Looking back at my previous post I see that I haven't been very clear.
The intent is to automatically process sets that the bot can recognize
by itself (by looking at author + xx/yy info) and only have the manual
interface as a fallback mechanism.

> From: Michael Stefaniuc
>
> That isn't very user friendly and at least for the beginning the tool
> needs to cope with the established and accepted workflow.

Totally agree, the tool should support the developers, not the other way
around. However, humans are much better at pattern recognition than
computers, so it might be advantageous to have a mechanism whereby a
human can nudge the tool in the right direction.

Ge.