Future implementation

Ben Klein shacklein at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 23:45:24 CDT 2010

On 14 April 2010 14:35, Luis Busquets <luis.busquets at ilidium.com> wrote:
> Could someone please confirm the following points?:
>
> 1. Sound system. The configuration that wine will implement is:
> winmm --> WASAPI --> OpenAL
> and
> DirectSound --> OpenAL
> After that is done wineoss, winejack, winealsa, ... will be removed from the
> tree.

I can't speak for the Developers That Matter (TM), but I don't think
there is any plan to remove wineoss, winejack and winealsa from the
tree completely. I think it's more likely that wineopenal will be
available (probably as default in the long term) as an alternative.

> 2. Integration of DosBOX or other emulator. How this will be done? Is the
> plan to use them when wine detects that the programme is compiled for real
> mode? Does that mean that the sake of wine is to provide compatibility only
> for applications built to be run on protected mode?

I certainly haven't heard of any plans to include an emulator in Wine.

> 3. Direct3D10 and Direct3D11, Is there a target date for them?

Work has already begun, but Wine as a project generally does not set
target dates for any feature support.