mciseq: Prevent busy-wait while paused.

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at
Thu Apr 15 06:51:54 CDT 2010

any comment on that patch? It's currently the bottommost in hence may fall into the bitbucket anytime.

I had noticed that the MCI MIDI player would busy loop while paused
because of a while(xyz) ; statement therein.

Test it using these MCI commands
open c:\data\foo.mid alias m
play m
pause m

So I simply added a Sleep() and wrote:
>7 ms is arbitrary. It allows to sleep well yet be responsive enough
>so the app doesn't wait too long should the next command be MCI_Stop.
>For the ear, an even larger sleep would be good enough.

Sleep is a sort of stop gap until someone invents a
notification/setEvent/Resume patch or whatever would be TRT.

 Jörg Höhle