Benchmarking D3D?

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 18:33:18 CDT 2010

On 18 April 2010 01:03, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to find short, small benchmarks that approximate
> demanding scenes from popular games.  Maybe we can
> use them for performance regression testing and/or comparing
> our performance to windows.  wisotool is just a convenient way
> to install games and benchmarks.
Well yes, an automated performance testing system has been on the
wined3d todo list for some time now. I even have a pretty good idea of
how I'd want it to look and work. It's just never going to happen
because there's always something more important.

The thing with benchmarks though is that for them to be of any use you
need someone capable of interpreting the data. I guess that means the
important question is who "we" are? I assume it's not any of the
current main wined3d developers, since Stefan and I both obviously
already have our set of applications we use for performance testing.