Benchmarking D3D?

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Mon Apr 19 06:44:28 CDT 2010

Am 18.04.2010 um 20:42 schrieb Roderick Colenbrander:
> Implementation details aside it would be very useful if a mechanism
> can take advantage of GPU monitor APIs like the ones from nvidia
> perfkit and GL_AMD_performance_monitor. This would also allow us to
> monitor what is holding up the GPU.
OSX also has a good tools for this purpose. Mostly the GL Profiler, Driver Monitor(similar to nvperfkit) and Shark(similar to oprofile).

I think code for those performance tools should be left out of wined3d. The Apple tools and I think nvperfkit are designed to be used by other processes, not the profiled process. I am not sure about AMD_performance_monitor though. That may be trickier.