DNS-sd Patch V.4

Hans Leidekker hans at codeweavers.com
Thu Apr 22 14:09:22 CDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-22 at 11:56 -0600, C.W. Betts wrote:

> The Photoshop CS3 installer seems to stall during installation due to
> the lack of Bonjour (bug 15590). This patch attempts to fix it.

No, it now succeeds in starting Bonjour, even if there's a native
mdns server running (see comment #36). The problem is that when Bonjour
finds that it can't do a wildcard bind it binds to specific addresses,
thereby stealing traffic from the native server.

We should investigate if the native server can be used by Photoshop.
Then we could write a stub Bonjour service so that Photoshop will not
attempt to install its own version.

There's no need for a dns-sd wrapper dll in this scenario.