Handling of DDB in tests?

Wolfram Sang wolfram at the-dreams.de
Mon Apr 26 00:13:09 CDT 2010

while trying to deliver a testcase for Bug #14891 (Bitmaps with offset
bits do not display correctly) I tried this patch:

Two VMs reported the correct pixel as 0x0000ffff instead of 0x00ffffff.
(The truly failed pixel would have 0x00010101 or similar). I'd assume that
is because they use 16 bit display-depth? If so, is it "good enough" to
check for both of these values as expected results? I am a bit confused
because LoadImage creates a DDB (via CreateCompatibleBitmap()) and the
pixeldata is thus allowed to look like anything. Still, there are checks
with GetPixelData and memcmp in the other tests (gdi32/tests/bitmap.c).
But maybe I am wrong or missing something?