New SCSI Driver for Mac OS X

Charles Davis cdavis at mymail.mines.edu
Wed Apr 28 10:35:26 CDT 2010

On 4/28/10 4:03 AM, Stefan Dösinger wrote:

> Am 27.04.2010 um 22:10 schrieb Charles Davis:
>
>> tar jxf ExtMediaBSDClient.tar.bz2
>> cd ExtMediaBSDClient
> Do you have the sourcecode somewhere with instructions on how to compile it?
Sure. I've attached the source here. To compile it, you need Xcode
installed.

After unpacking the tarball, from the XNUKernelExtras directory, just type:

 xcodebuild

at a Terminal. Then to install it, do:

 sudo xcodebuild install DSTROOT=/

There's a header that goes along with it. To install it, you do:

 sudo xcodebuild -target headers install DSTROOT=/

I've also attached the source for the test program. You can just do:

 gcc -o ExtMediaTest ExtMediaTest.c

on it after installing the header above.

I don't have a public repository yet. My plan is to create a SourceForge
project for this (like AJ suggested).

Chip