GetVolumeInformationA: please test this on MS-Windows

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Mon Aug 2 04:03:58 CDT 2010

Hi,

Jeff Zaroyko wrote:
>No failures outside of MinGW.
Thanks. This validates the relationship between GetVolumeInformation
and the per-drive current directory on win95/98/2k/xp/7.

>Inside MinGW, I invoke cmd to run the batch file:
>volume: 406 tests executed (0 marked as todo, 2 failures), 0 skipped.
Wait! When starting from C: as in cases a) and b) there should have been a skip.
    if (currentdir[0] == windowsdir[0]) {
        skip("Please re-run from another device than %c:\n", windowsdir[0]);
If properly skipped, there would have been 0 failures.

Could you please add a
TRACE("%s vs. %s\n", currentdir, windowsdir);
Either the path is in a strange format, or there's a case issue.
Perhaps GetCurrentDir reports "C:\..." while GetWindowsDir uses "c:\..."?
Then I should use toupper(currentdir[0]) == toupper(windowsdir[0])
Could you please retry the test with
if (toupper(currentdir[0]) == toupper(windowsdir[0])) {
    skip(...)

> a) C:\          # many GetVolumeInfo tests are skipped
> b) C:\windows   # dito
> c) X:\          with \windows as CD on C:
> d) X:\anysubdir with \windows as CD on C:
> e) X:\anysubdir with \ as CD on C:
> f) X:\          with \ as CD on C:

Regards,
 Jörg Höhle