The WineAPI wiki.

Max TenEyck Woodbury max at mtew.isa-geek.net
Mon Aug 2 12:26:52 CDT 2010

On 08/02/2010 01:04 PM, Gert van den Berg wrote:

> There seem to be several interfaces to retreive MSDN articles... Some
> of those interface might be more stable / provide a way to retrieve a
> current link? (Framing the content would probably not be allowed, but
> retreiving links should be...)

If it *looks* like copying, it should be avoided.

> .... (It might also work to try and retreive as much information
> about MSDN links when they are posted, in order to allow the
> links to be updated when the site stucture change?) (Doing a web
> service query everytime to retreive a link would probably be slow
>and inefficient...)

I think it will be necessary to regenerate articles as the Wine project
evolves. I regenerated the 'dlls' page after Alexandre's CVS run today.
There was some new content so I saved the result. I've regenerated the
individual DLL pages several times as I improved the generating
scripts. Both activities put a load on me that I am trying to automate.
In fact, if you look at the original post before it got hijacked into a
discussion of the project name, it asks about a way to improve that
automation.

Since there will be fairly frequent semi-intelligent reviews of pages,
such queries can probably be incorporated into that process.

Can you help me with this, please?

- Max