Please report mcicda (CDROM audio) test results

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Thu Aug 5 10:14:25 CDT 2010

Jeff,

>if I:
>> resume c # yields MCIERR_HARDWARE
>nothing printed
This is not compatible with the test that does not report failure on your system:
+    err = mciSendString("resume c", buf, sizeof(buf), hwnd);
+    ok(err == MCIERR_HARDWARE, "resume without play: %s\n", dbg_mcierr(err)); /* not NONAPPLICABLE_FUNCTION */
Does any of the previous commands provoke this difference?

>> play from <1_or_last_track> notify
Oops
play c from 1 notify
play c from 1 to 2
play c to 12
play c from 12

>It stopped accepting input, any letters, return were all blocked -
>nothing except ^C.
Works for me.

>Every track is listed as audio, meanwhile I see the drive with
>included programs etc is mapped in explorer.
This is behaviour unseen on the w95, w2k and wxp machines
that I had access to, with my mixed data+audio CD.

Your machine's behaviour is mystery to me. Is mcicdda that unreliable???

Regards,
 Jörg Höhle