Wine users with a CD-ROM drive, please test

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Fri Aug 6 06:24:18 CDT 2010

Jeff Zaroyko wrote:

>Blank CD:
>mcicda.c:252: Test failed: info upc: MCIERR_HARDWARE
>mcicda.c:255: Test failed: info identity: MCIERR_HARDWARE
>mcicda.c:263: Test failed: STATUS number of tracks: MCIERR_HARDWARE
>mcicda.c:266: Test failed: number of tracks=0
I'll select an appropriate test based on Linux (and MacOS) results in Wine and add a skip.

>mcicda.c:425: Test failed: SEEK to 003B0436 position last + length:
MCIERR_HARDWARE
>mcicda.c:436: Test failed: PLAY from 1 notify: MCIERR_HARDWARE
I believe both errors have the same origin.

Here you really need to find out what command in the testsuite causes the
seek&play tests to fail with MCIERR_HARDWARE since you said you could
play music using MCI commands typed into the shell. Why can't the testsuite?
Luckily, almost all mciSendCommand can be converted to an equivalent string form.
Sadly, I have no clue what command may influence this -- perhaps MCI_RESUME?

>It's composed of two "sessions"
That'll make for an interesting testcase once we get rid of the above MCIERR_HARDWARE issue.

Thank you again,
  Jörg Höhle