Wine users with a CD-ROM drive, please test

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Fri Aug 6 08:17:29 CDT 2010

Hi,

David c/o paulo lesgaz wrote:
>mcicda.c:425: Test failed: SEEK to 00203A43 position last + length: MCIERR_HARDWARE
>mcicda.c:436: Test failed: PLAY from 1 notify: MCIERR_HARDWARE
Same as Jeff, please see if one of you can identify which prior MCI command causes this.

>mcicda.c:275: Test failed: status position initially 00:02:33
>mcicda.c:280: Test failed: status position start 00:02:33
Interesting, thank you. Will change the tests. I once read there
must be a 2 second gap but it seems it need not be exactly 2 seconds.

Greg Geldorp wrote:
>I can attach a .iso to each VM and run your tests. Would that help?
AFAIK, a .iso contains a data CD only, not music tracks.
If that's right, then it would not be very interesting,
as data-only CDs are already skipped.

>Keep in mind that almost none of the VMs have sound support.
Thanks for reminding me to temporarily disable sound on a native
system and see how that changes test results. From what I remember,
disabling sound in the preferences (XP then wants to reboot) achieved
the same results as sound-less machines in the MCI tests.

Regards,
 Jörg Höhle