New and subtle ddraw:dsurface test failure

wylda at volny.cz wylda at volny.cz
Sun Aug 8 04:21:35 CDT 2010

Hi,

i just noticed some new and subtle failure in ddraw:dsurface
tests. I don't know how closely you watch and study tests
results, so i thought it might be a good idea bring it the
the light. Sorry if not ;-)

Compared WinXP 277040d92454 vs 8b2a403a7dc3 (latest vs last
Friday).

Interestingly does not happen on Intel and nVidia 64bit. So
the only affected is nVidia 32bit.

(For my education) Generally, when the test fails in Windows
world, it means that the test is wrongly written or not
supported under the tested Windows version? (not blaming
anyone, just asking how things work;)

And the last question is about MSI failures and timeouts
which some boxes suffers... In my case the  "powerful"
succeeds and the "weak" timeouts here (and not just mine).
Shouldn't be the timeout prolonged?

Regards,
W.

PS: I probably missed "gratulation time" for v1.2, so at
least i wish all the goodness to 1.3.xx line! And hope i
find another free time for buzilla soon.