Wine users with a CD-ROM drive, please test

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Mon Aug 9 08:05:13 CDT 2010

Hi,

Thank you for your test results so far.

>>>mcicda.c:425: Test failed: SEEK to 00203A43 position last + length: MCIERR_HARDWARE
>>>mcicda.c:436: Test failed: PLAY from 1 notify: MCIERR_HARDWARE
>> Same as Jeff, please see if one of you can identify which prior MCI command causes this.
>Do you have any instructions how I can identify this?

This sequence of commands worked for Jeff:
open cdaudio alias c
status c type track 1
set c time format tmsf
seek c to start
play c from 1 to 2 wait

The sequence of commands that the tests use is below.  I don't see
anything there that explains MCIERR_HARDWARE.  Perhaps it's a timing
issue and the suite would work after adding a couple of Sleep()?
Copy&Paste of this sequence into the mcishell (see bug 20232, comment #10)
works for me.  Does it generate MCIERR_HARDWARE on your machine?  Can
you try and eliminate commands until you reach a minimal set that
generates the error (start with removing capability, info and notify)?

open cdaudio alias c notify shareable
capability c has video notify
capability c can play
capability c
capability c 16385
capability c device type
status c time format
info c product wait notify
status c media present
status c mode
status c mode
status c ready
info c product identity
info c identity
info c upc
status c number of tracks
status c length
status c position
status c position start notify
status c position start track 1 notify
play c from 00:02:00 to 00:01:00 notify
resume c
seek c wait
seek c to start notify
# # Perhaps use seek c to start notify wait
set c video audio all off
set c time format ms
status c position start
status c position start track 1
status c notify wait
status c length track 1
set c door closed notify
status c type track 1
# # skipping data track tests
set c time format msf
status c length track 20
# # Replace 20 with number of tracks here
status c position track 20
# # Perhaps add status c mode (still seeking?)
seek c to 24:55:74
# # Replace with position last track start + length
seek c to 24:56:00
set c time format tmsf
play c from 1

Thank you for your help,