Windows Imaging Component

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 10:42:26 CDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 4:54 AM, Georgij Kirichenko
<kirichenkoga at gmail.com> wrote:
> This patch add support for decoding Dds, Ppm(and pgm, pbm) and Tga files th
> Windows Imaging Component.

Each format you are adding requires its own patch.

> This patch use dynamic linked FreeImage library, but i'am can't static link
> this library.

First of all, I'm not so sure we want to use FreeImage. The initial
thing about which I'm not sure is the license. You can use it under
either a commercial license or under the GPL. The last one at least is
usable for us as it would make all of Wine GPL when you link to it.
I'm not sure about the 'free image public license terms'. It is not
something like a BSD license, but more complicated. Someone would have
to look at it whether that would even be usable (commercial versions
like Crossover would have issues).