Wine users with a CD-ROM drive, please test

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Mon Aug 16 08:32:20 CDT 2010

Hi,

Greg Geldorp wrote:
>I ran mcicda_test from TestBot job 4436 on the TestBot VMs, with a
>data .iso connected as CD-ROM.
Thank you very much for your excellent support.
It's good to have such tests executed on a broad range of OS
prior to submission.

There's no mention of win95/98 in the attachment so I assume these
were not included, or was that because there was no error?
Don't worry, I don't need further tests from w9x (or others).

>On NT4, Win2000, XP, W2K3
>mcicda.c:397: Test failed: STATUS position: MCIERR_HARDWARE
IMHO this shows that a vmware machine has a different timing than native
with a real CD-ROM.  There's already a comment in the tests about:
  Status position -> ok
  Sleep 2seconds
  Status position -> MCIERR_HARDWARE
Your vmware boxes appear to deliver the latter immediately ;)
I'll add a broken() to account for this.

>On NT4, Win2000:
>mcicda.c:318: Test failed: resume without play: 0=NOERROR
Weird, since a real w2k machine with a data only CD returns
MCIERR_HARDWARE.
Adding a broken() here would annoy me as it would shadow every
successful return from any other machine (with a real CD).
Let's see what test.winrhq.org will reveal when I'll submit the tests.

Thanks to all you people who contributed test results,
	Jörg Höhle