have all MCI tests in winmm/tests/ or distributed across mci*/tests/?

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Wed Aug 18 08:49:51 CDT 2010

Hi,

although my patch creates mcicda/tests/
I'd like to query whether it would make more
sense to have all mci tests grouped in winmm/tests/.

Pro:
 + Future fixes to winmm/mci.c would affect winmm/tests/*.c only.
   E.g. when I'll make "stop all" work I'd have to touch
   mcicda/tests/mcicda.c as well to eliminate the todo_wine there.
   Same when I'll patch mciparse to accept [TT:]MM:SS:FF format.

 + When Maarten will write mciqtz tests, perhaps resources could be
   reused to execute mciavi tests as well (the file creation code
   need not be duplicated).   Similar tests could be written for:
   "open foo.avi" (mciavi) and "open foo.avi type mpegvideo" (mciqtz) or
   "open foo.wav" (micwave) and "open foo.wav type mpegvideo"
   although there's some difference in behaviour.

 + The functions test_notification could be in one file only, not repeated.

I can rewrite my current mcicda/tests/mcicda.c patch to live in winmm/tests/.

What do you think?
	Jörg Höhle