The Test Bot seems to be having issues

Greg Geldorp ggeldorp at vmware.com
Fri Aug 20 10:15:08 CDT 2010

Hi Thomas,

> From: Thomas Mallaly
>
> First off, I'm not sure who should be contacted about this, but, it
appears
> that the test bot has got itself stuck while trying to run tests on a
patch
> submitted last night.

Sorry, hadn't noticed it got stuck. Usually it doesn't need much
baby-sitting,
so I don't keep a close look on it.
You can always use the "Feedback" link on the TestBot home page.

> The job in question is here [1], it's been over 12
> hours since any progress has been made on it and no other submissions have
> run since then. Also, the Windows 98SE has been "reverting" this whole
time,
> so I'm not sure if this is the culprit or not.
>
> I also hate to admit that the job in question is from one of my patches I
> sent in last night (although I'm pretty sure it doesn't have anything to
do
> with the quality of the code in the patch ;-) ).

The Win9x VMs are on a different (physical) machine, it appears there was a
network problem between the Test Bot host and the machine hosting the Win9x
VMs. The Win98SE VM getting stuck in the "reverting" state is the cause of
the problems, nothing to do with your patch.

> Anyways, I'm hoping that somebody in charge of the test bot might be able
> fix the traffic jam it's causing.

It's back up and running again, trying to catch up.

Ge.