ddraw [try 2]: SetCooperativeLevel with Full screen + exclusive + normal is authorized

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Tue Aug 24 09:44:38 CDT 2010

I think those tests should do, but have a few spelling issues and you're not releasing the surface. So if I understand things correctly:

*) NORMAL | FULLSCREEN | EXCLUSIVE -> fullscreen mode
*) NORMAL | EXCLUSIVE -> error
*) NORMAL | FULLSCREEN -> windowed mode

For testing older ddraw interface vesions you can QueryInterface the ddraw object for IID_IDirectDraw, IID_IDirectDraw2(and ddraw3 and ddraw4). Then you run the same tests on those.

I am pretty sure the check that NORMAL mode is mutually exclusive with FULLSCREEN/EXCLUSIVE already existed in old ddraw, and is motivated by a statement in msdn that those modes are mutually exclusive - which makes sense, you can't be in fullscreen mode and not be in fullscreen mode at the same time. It seems that one flag is ignored rather than an error returned.

On a general note, I am away from home the next weeks. I expect to be able to read mail, but it will me sporadic(ok, I haven't been reliable in the past few weeks either)