Inviting Mono and pulseaudio to wineconf?

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 01:10:22 CDT 2010

I'm not against inviting Pulseaudio guys. Sure, Pulseaudio was added
to distributions way too early and there still are a lot of issues but
sound servers like pulseaudio are really the way to go for the future.
People want to be able to plug in lets say a usb headset (so another
soundcard) when playing a game and expect audio to move over to it or
want to see audio move over to their HDTV when they plug it in and
that's stuff which requires some form of arbiter at the user side.

Having a good pulseaudio driver (in the new wine audio design) might
not be a bad thing.

Roderick