shell32: Add a navigation pane to the ExplorerBrowser control.

David Hedberg david.hedberg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 12:49:16 CDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 19:32, Octavian Voicu <octavian.voicu at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 8:11 PM, Juan Lang <juan.lang at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi David, I know this was committed already, but something caught my
>> eye that I didn't understand:
>>
>> +    if(This->navpane.show ^ show_navpane)
>>
>> Is this a cute way to write if(This->navpane.show && show_navpane) ?
>> If so, why ^ rather than &&?
>
> ^ is bitwise-XOR, so it is more like if(This->navpane.show != show_navpane),
> which looks to be what he intended.
>
> Octavian

It's indeed supposed to be !=, which also seems like the easier and
better way of expressing it. :-) I guess the only reason I used ^ is
that that was what came to my mind when I wrote the code in question.
It shouldn't matter in practice, but I can include a patch for it in
my next batch of patches.