DIB clarification

Tom Wickline twickline at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 23:57:40 CDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 8:00 AM, James McKenzie
<jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net>wrote:

> Also, Max's code has shown up in another 'for pay' project and where
> implementation was done, works.  Where implementation is not complete, it is
> seriously broken.  The problem is where it works and does not work is not
> cleanly defined.   Lots of 'surprises' and 'gotchas'.

Hello,

Max's DIB Engine is built into Bordeaux :
http://www.bordeauxgroup.com/mostly for nontechnical people who want
test Max's work in progress. The DIB Engine is turned off by default and
unsupported apps can only be installed via the command line
at this time.

As for CodeWeavers... They are some of the nicest people you will ever meet
in your life, not to mention some
of the brightest people on this planet. Jeremy did whoever offer to buy the
"evil empire" last year for $1 down and the
rest payed from future profits if memory serves me right. I'm not sure if
Ballmer ever got back to them on the offer. :)

See : http://www.codeweavers.com/about/general/press/20090724/

I think my sig pretty much says everything else..

Cheers,
Tom

--
Wine is not a conclusion but a process...