DIB clarification

Ken Thomases ken at codeweavers.com
Mon Aug 30 14:56:18 CDT 2010

On Aug 29, 2010, at 8:49 PM, Jeff Cook wrote:

> To clarify, it's not about having secret DIB engine code, it's about
> saying "I guess we just won't find time to provide useful feedback
> until some company sponsors it...", as I saw several times during the
> old threads.

What Jeremy neglected to say (although he's made this point before) is that Alexandre has, as a matter of contract, _complete_ independence as Wine maintainer.  If, hypothetically, Jeremy wanted to and did "order" Alexandre to slow-walk the DIB engine (or anything else), Alexandre could and would simply ignore him.  If Jeremy fired Alexandre for refusing such an order, Alexandre would have excellent grounds to sue CodeWeavers into the ground.  Not that either of them is so inclined.

As far as Alexandre's famed terseness, you're completely mistaken if you imagine he's any less terse or more forthcoming with us CodeWeavers than he is with any other Wine contributor.  In public or behind the scenes.  It's just his nature.  :)

Cheers,
Ken