ddraw [patch 1/2]: SetCooperativeLevels with Normal+Fullscreen+Exclusive mode is authorized

Octavian Voicu octavian.voicu at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 17:44:30 CDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 9:25 PM, David Adam <david.adam.cnrs at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does not work for me :crying: I voluntary added trailing space to my file.
> Nothing appears in red. I obtain in white and black
>      testcooperativelevels_normal();ESC[m
> ESC[32m+ESC[mESC[32m    testcooperativelevels_normal_other_ddraw();ESC[m
> ESC[32m+ESC[mESC[41m    ESC[m
> ESC[32m+ESC[mESC[41m    ESC[m
> ESC[32m+ESC[mESC[41m    ESC[m
> ESC[32m+ESC[mESC[41m    ESC[m
> ESC[32m+ESC[mESC[41m    ESC[m
> ESC[32m+ESC[mESC[41m    ESC[m
> ESC[32m+ESC[mESC[41m    ESC[m
> ESC[32m+ESC[mESC[41m    ESC[m
> ESC[32m+ESC[mESC[41m    ESC[m
>      releasedirectdraw();ESC[m
>
> I use kconsole. Maybe it is the problem ??

Something that starts with ESC[ is an escape sequence, it clearly
shows that git is coloring the output, but your terminal isn't
interpreting this.

I also use kconsole (konsole actually, KDE terminal emulator right?).

I see two possible causes:

1. You set color.ui to always and you're using less or another pager
that doesn't support color. You don't need to use a pager in git diff.
Normally, if you set color.ui to auto (or true), then color escape
sequences are only enabled when output is a terminal (not a pipe or
file).

Instead of `git diff | less' just use `git diff'. If you really want
to use less, `git diff | less -r' should work with colors (-r enables
interpreting color escape codes in less).

2. Your terminal is not properly configured and colors don't work. Do
you have colors in other commands, like in ls?

Maybe this helps: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=511623

I have $TERM set to xterm. What distribution are you using? Maybe you
can google for an answer on how to configure your terminal emulator to
work with colors.

Octavian