Stopping Win9x testing

Greg Geldorp ggeldorp at vmware.com
Wed Dec 1 09:28:02 CST 2010

> From: Wolfram Sang
>
> > I'll mark the Win9x VMs offline when there's nothing queued to run on them.
> > Then in a weeks time I can delete them after all jobs referring to them
> > have been retired/deleted (referential integrity in the database).
>
> That means they even won't be available then for some specific corner-case
> tests (in which they are selected manually)? Hmm, is there much overhead
> involved to keep them "just in case"?

Yeah, that might be a good idea. Currently VMs are divided into a "Base" and
a "Extra" group, I can add a "Retired" group to hold the Win9x VMs. VMs in
this group wouldn't participate in the daily winetest run, wouldn't be used
for verification of wine-patches submissions and wouldn't be selected by default
when manually submitting a job. However, they would be available for selection
if you click "Show all VMs" button when submitting a job.
This will require some changes to the code, but nothing major. I'll look into
it.

Greg.