Death to win9x?

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Thu Dec 2 06:46:22 CST 2010

Greg Geldorp wrote:
>However, they [Win9x VMs] would be available for selection
>if you click "Show all VMs" button when submitting a job.
This sounds very desirable.

However, this only allows to run one test at a time, i.e. the big picture is missing.
Therefore I'd suggest running winetest.exe on all testbot machines once a week
or some such, e.g. only for releases.

Later a student may write a thesis about the degradation of SW over time ;-)

An independent idea is to run a special winetest.exe compiled with
int broken(int condition) { return 0; }
once a week on (some of?) the regular machines.
However this is best performed *not* on release days, based on the
assumption that more people submit test data for release versions than
the day to day ones, and we don't want to "pollute" these with stricter tests.

Regards,
 Jörg Höhle