Death to win9x?

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 14:01:28 CST 2010

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 8:00 PM, K.King <k.king177 at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> <<<
> That's not useful. The whole point is that we don't want to spend the
> effort required to keep the tests error-free on platforms that we don't
> care about. That makes it easier to write tests for platforms that
> actually matter, which is a more productive use of everybody's time.
>>>>
> You may not care, but I know a number of people who do.
> For some running the older software is more important, of interest, or use.

A majority of that effort is rewriting tests to make win9x happy, not
rewriting behavior to fix win9x applications.

Few people (if any) want to intentionally break win9x applications,
but spending a large amount of developer effort to maintain the tests
there isn't really the best investment, when it could instead be spent
fixing real bugs.

--
-Austin